Monday, November 2, 2009

Why I Love Colorado

Wednesday, Thursday: Lots of snow.
Friday: Digging out.
Saturday, Sunday: Bright sunshine, warm weather, no jacket required (just avoid puddles of melted snow). You gotta love how Colorado does its thing, then gets over it and moves on.
Monday: Back to business as usual.




I'd like to have a gallery of beautiful finished projects here that I accomplished during the snow storm, but it was more like a must-get-mundane-chores-off-my-list kind of snow storm. Things like:

1. Finish cleaning out my son's bedroom. He moved out in September. There will be no "before" photos of that room. Way too embarrassing. I could take a photo of the big black garbage bags of stuff I hauled out of there, but where's the fun in that? There will be a few photos later of that room as I complete some very minimal decorating projects in there to turn it into a quiet study room.

2. Baked apple dumplings with my daughter. Whole peeled apples wrapped in pie crust pastry and baked. Yea, I should have taken a photo of those beauties with their leaf cutout tops, but when they came out of the oven, all I could think was must. eat. NOW. We're making those again.

3. Mended more rips in my jeans. Four more rips to be exact. I have an awful time finding jeans that fit, so I hang on to the pairs I have till there is just nothing left of them. And no, I'm not photographing the behind of my jeans. We're not going there. Ever.

4. Worked on a shower curtain out of Paula Prass fabric. Photo as soon as I get curtain rings to hang them up.

5. Started some Quiet Room projects. More on that later. Nothing too exciting, though.

6. Watched movies, ate popcorn, drank hot chocolate with marshmallows, read the new Stitch magazine (l-o-v-e i-t), slept in late.

Now it's back to reality. Wish me luck.

No comments: